Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 in 2012 - End of Week 1


This year I have set a goal of getting rid of 2012 items. I saw this done on other blogs last year and I like the idea behind it. So that is my goal for this year as well.

So far this week, I have:

Tossed:
1 train table (it was broken)
1 bag of miscellaneous items from the living room
1 bag of miscellaneous items from the kitchen
1 bag of miscellaneous items from the dining room
1 bag of miscellaneous items from the front room
1 bag of miscellaneous items from our bedroom

Donated:
2 end tables (I put these out on our curb and sure enough, someone who needed them came by and picked them up!)
1 couch (I also put this out on our curb and sure enough, someone who needed them came by and picked them up!)

Sold:
Nothing this week

Returned:
1 twin xl bed frame
1 twin mattress


That brings the grand total for this week to: 11 items.
For the year 2012, that is a grand total of: 11 items.
Which means I have 2001 items left to go and 51 weeks to do it in.

 *I do feel inclined to admit thought, that even though I got rid of one bed frame and one mattress, I also brought in one toddler bed and one crib mattress. However, I feel that the others count in the lessening of items in our home simply because of the space gained. Trust me, it is a HUGE difference!*